SBA 7(a) Workouts, Deferments, Extensions and Reinstatements Challenging Servicing Actions to Assist your Borrowers
Tuesday, 2:00PM-3:15PM EST, January 27th, 2015
Length: Approximately 75 minutes
What does an SBA Lender do when a SBA Borrower shows signs of stress? Maybe the borrower was late on a payment or they have come to you as a lender and indicated that they are having cash flow problems. There are several servicing actions that can aid a SBA borrower in stress.
Coleman faculty instructor and former SBA Deputy Director of the Little Rock Servicing Center, Lance Sexton, will offer you expert instruction of how to approach, analyze and execute difficult servicing actions that can turn around a troubled small business loan into a solid earning asset for the lender.
Specific attention will be paid to the prudent servicing actions expected by you from SBA.
Lance will help you understand what actions you may prudently unilaterally perform without SBA’s approval, and what actions must have SBA’s concurrence to ensure the validity of the SBA 7(a) guaranty.
• Required information from the borrower
• Requirement of consideration from the borrower
• Servicing actions that can be part of a workout
• Content of a workout agreement
• Getting SBA’s approval
• Difference between deferments on loans sold in the secondary market and those that are not sold on the secondary market.
• Acceptable length of Deferments
3. Extensions of Maturity
• How long can you extend the maturity of a SBA Loan
• Paying the additional guaranty fee
• Extensions of maturity on loans in liquidation
• Common cause for reinstatements
• Crafting a reinstatement request
• The importance of following up on a reinstatement request
1) Previous customers need only to send an email to email@example.com with “Register” and the date of the webinar in the Subject Line. We will do all the paperwork and charge your credit card on file, or send you a PayPal request.
2) Call Customer Service at 818-790-4591 extension 1
3) Fax the order form to: 818-790-7859
4) Mail the order form to: Coleman Publishing, 607 Foothill Blvd #546, La Cañada, CA 91012
Join our Expert Instructor Lance Sexton:
Lance Sexton has a long history of working with small businesses and educating small business owners and students related to Entrepreneurship and SBA Loan Origination, Servicing, and Liquidation.
Lance has 30 years of experience in the origination, servicing, and liquidation of SBA Loans, ten years of experience directly managing portfolios of SBA loans that are both performing and non-performing, and six years of experience as a small business owner. He has served as Vice President, Senior Vice President, and Executive Officer of three community banks building and managing SBA portfolios at each bank. Lance also was a faculty member of the Sam M Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas teaching entrepreneurship courses.